AKCHO Annual Meeting 2020
Hosted by the Museum of Flight on Monday, January 27, 2020
Doors open and registration – 10 AM, Meeting – 10:30 AM to 1 PM
Theme: Finding Your Voice
Please join us and historical organizations across King County as we examine what it means to find one’s voice at a personal, institutional, and community level and learn from one another’s best practices. Stay after the meeting for a workshop by 4Culture and to explore the museum.
Cost for the program, lunch, and Museum of Flight admission is $35/person for payments postmarked or paid via PayPal by January 17 and $40/person after January 17. To register please complete the form and send payment via check or PayPal.
AKCHO members support others in the heritage profession as well as receive several targeted benefits. Membership meetings are held every other month throughout the county at different venues of historic interest. AKCHO also provides professional development opportunities and publishes the Heritage Advisor e-mail newsletter. See the AKCHO calendar for full details.
With an annual membership, every staff member and volunteer in your organization could access these benefits:
- Free admission to monthly member-only programs, including lectures and special tours at heritage institutions across Seattle and King County
- Priority registration for AKCHO professional development hands-on workshops
- Free access to networking opportunities with working heritage professionals at every membership program, including the Annual Meeting and Annual Awards Ceremony honoring the best and the brightest in King County heritage work
- Free online access to all panels and presentations at the American Association of State and Local History (AASLH) annual national conference
- Our monthly newsletter, the Heritage Advisor, which keeps our members in the loop about potential grant funding, job openings, and advocacy opportunities
- Free publicity through our online membership list, heritage events calendar, and email newsletter
AKCHO members include museums, archives, archaeology firms, heritage councils, historic preservation professionals, internet-based archives and collections, and more. Our membership fees scale with your organization’s budget:
- $10 – Student
- $25 – Individual
- $50 – Small Organization (budget under $50,000/year)
- $100 – Medium Organization (budget between $50-$250,000/year)
- $300 – Large Organization (budget over $250,000/year)
- $100 – Government Department
To join us, please complete our Membership Application.