Since AKCHO was incorporated in 1977, we have provided a nexus for both professionals and volunteers in the heritage and historic preservation communities throughout King County.
- To coordinate local historical and heritage organizations for mutual assistance.
- To establish and promote minimum standards for the organization and operation of historical organizations
- To promote public access to history and heritage resources in King County through the documentation, collection, preservation, exhibition and interpretation activities of our member organizations
- To assist in the development of public policy favorable to King County history and heritage at the county, municipal and state levels of government.
- To stimulate public awareness of and involvement in King County history and heritage activities