The 2017 legislative session begins on January 9, 2017, with the first meeting of the Washington State’s Heritage Caucus on Wednesday, January 11, 2017. Proposals are now being accepted for presentations during the regular meetings of the Heritage Caucus, on Wednesdays at 7 AM, Cherberg Building, Room A-B-C, on the Capitol Campus in Olympia.
As a reminder, presentations need to be 10 minutes or less, and must fit into one of the following prioritized categories:
- Immediate policy issues; pending legislation; current initiatives
- Relevant or upcoming policy issues; proposed future legislation or initiatives
- Overviews of state funded and heritage organization activities (current exhibits, programs, etc.)
Please keep in mind that the budget will continue to be the focus of the Legislature this session, and a portion of Caucus time will be devoted to discussions related to the budget and implementation policies. Caucus chairs are Senator Jim Honeyford and Representative Steve Tharinger.
Provide the following information in your proposal, and send via email:
- presentation title
- names, titles, and organizational affiliation of presenters
- a detailed outline of your presentation, including its priority category from the list above
- technological needs (DVD, computer, internet access, projector, and screen are available)
- a list of all state legislators in your district, (http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/)
Presenters will be notified as soon as possible about scheduling.
If you would like to have a bill(s) tracked please email Glenda Carino:
Glenda Carino, Communications Manager
Washington State Arts Commission
For those of you new to Caucus, we meet in the John A. Cherberg building in Conference rooms A-B-C, (see map http://leg.wa.gov/LIC/Documents/Maps/JAC_MAP.pdf) 304 15th Avenue Southwest, Olympia, WA 98501. Metered parking begins at 8am in the area surrounding the building. You can also find information about campus parking here, http://www.des.wa.gov/services/facilities/CapitolCampus/Pages/Parking.aspx
Contact Mark Vessey at the Washington State Historical Society if you wish to be added to the e-mail list for Heritage Caucus.