We are pleased to announce that King County Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles, who represents King County District 4, will preside over an evening of accolades and fun at AKCHO’s 2018 Annual Awards Program, happening Tuesday, April 24, 5-8 PM, at the Northwest African American Museum.
Those being celebrated at the Awards Program this year are:
- Barbara Nilson – AKCHO Board Legacy Award
- Jim Kelly, Eleanor Boba, Susan Connole, and Mikala Woodward – AKCHO Board Awards
- Brian Carter – Charles Payton Award for Heritage Advocacy
- Eastside Heritage Center and HistoryLink – Education Awards
- The Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Washington – Exhibit Award
- Discovery Modelers Education Center, Issaquah Historical Society, Newcastle Historical Society, and Black Diamond Historical Society – Long Term Project Awards
- Ballard Locks Centennial Boat Parade – Single Impact Event Award
- Maritime Folknet – Technology Award
- David M. Buerge – Virginia Marie Folkins Award
- Patricia Cosgrove – Willard Jue Memorial Award for Staff
- Hal and Fran Seike – Willard Jue Memorial Award for Volunteers
- Renton History Museum and UW Museology Students – Student Award
We warmly invite friends, family, and colleagues in the heritage and historic preservation fields to join us in celebrating the accomplishments of these individuals and organizations.
AKCHO is deeply grateful to the following for their sponsorship of the 2018 AKCHO Awards Program: 4Culture, Historical Research Associates, the Northwest African American Museum, The Center for Wooden Boats, DeGruv Liquid Catering and Events, and Chateau Ste. Michelle and Columbia Crest wines. Their generous support makes it possible for us to offer free admission to this event – but advance reservations are required and will be accepted until April 17.
Invitations to the Awards event are going out in the mail this week, but you don’t have to wait to let us know you’re coming – just e-mail Barbara McMichael at email@example.com and provide her with the names of those who will be attending, and their organizational affiliation (if any). We look forward to seeing you on April 24!